It is always a treat to be invited to Andi’s friends, Don and Carlene Smith, for dinner. Each time, I come home with a recipe that I use over and over. I think Don enjoys cooking as much as George…and is very talented.
1 1/2 lbs. of Italian Fontina 1″ diced (rind removed)
1/4 c. olive oil
6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1 T. minced fresh thyme leaves
1 tsp. minced fresh rosemary leaves
1 tsp. Kosher salt
1 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
1 loaf of crusty, French baquette, sliced and slightly toasted
- Preheat broiler and postion rack 5″ from heat
- Distribute cubes of cheese evenly in a 12″ cast iron skillet
- Drizzle olive oil on top of cheese
- Combine garlic, thyme, and rosemary…sprinkle over cheese
- Sprinkle salt and pepper
- Place under broiler for 6 minutes.
Dip bread in cheese and ENJOY! So creamy and tasty…what a way to start a meal.