YANOK Apple Dessert It is a Good thing!
1 can of APPLE pie filling
1 box of JIFFY yellow cake mix
1 stick of BUTTER
I try to keep the ingredients in the pantry…sometimes it is difficult to find Jiffy cake mixes…usually at Walmart Stores. Also my neighbor uses cherry pie filling with chocolate cake mix…..BUT most guests LOVE this, recipe.. esp. when served with Ben and Jerry’s Vanilla Ice Cream. And you can easily let them think that you worked so hard in the kitchen replicating your great grandmother’s Apple Betty.
- Put half of the dry cake mix in the bottom of a small casserole (microwave safe) that has a lid.
- Put half of the pie filling on top of the dry cake mix.
- Repeat the 2 layers
- Top with dots of butter….yes the entire stick…1/4 lb. of BUTTER
- Put the lid on the dish
- Microwave on high for 10 minutes.
- Spoon in small serving bowls and add the Ben and Jerry’s