Loving MyFitnessPal…FreeApp….recording every bite of food does help me think twice before …. you know the rest. App includes a scanner so you can really record details…or use at the grocery store. Several of my friends are also using this…you can connect with friends BUT I am not at the point that I really want to share my weight loss progress.
Michael’s Beanless Turkey Chili Recipe….maybe I was just starving but really, really good…at least when my friend made it and invited me over for dinner. We also recorded every ingredient. The special flavor was from a couple of “surprise ingredients”.
2 T. Olive Oil
1 package of fresh ground turkey (about 1 1/2 lbs.0
1 T. Ground Cumin
2 1/2 T. Chili Powder
1 t. Garlic Salt
1 T. Ground Pepper
1 t. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
2 t. HONEY
1 Red Onion (diced)
4 jalapeno peppers
4 Plum tomatoes
1 15 oz. Can of Tomato Sauce
2 t. Hot Sauce
1/4 c. Water
3/4 t. CINAMMON SUGAR
- Heat olive oil in large skillet. Add turkey, dry seasonings and brown meat
- Add honey, stir
- Reduce heat and add onion, jalapeno peppers, and tomatoes. Stir frequently.
- Add water and continue to stir.
- Add hot sauce and tomato sauce. Stir throughly.
- Cover skillet and cook for 30 minutes at low heat.
- Add cinnamon, stir, and cook 5 more minutes.