Spring cleaning is a drag for everyone! Time to clean out the winter dust and freshen up your home to prepare for spring! Follow this spring cleaning guide to decide just what you should focus on, and how to make it fun.
- Store Your Winter Gear: Finally get the hats, gloves, and scarves out of the mix. Store these, and other winter items, in totes are bags that can easily be put away. Getting organized now will make it easier when the winter weather strikes again next year!
- Focus on One Area: It’s easy to lose track of what you’re doing simply by walking into a new room. Focus on one area of your home at a time. This can keep you from being overwhelmed about spring cleaning your home just by starting small.
- Your Bed: Spend some time giving your mattress and bedding a freshening up. This is a great time to clean and flip your mattress. Warmer weather also gives the opportunity to wash your bedding. Tip: Make your bed first when cleaning the bedroom. This creates a clean canvas, removes the temptation to curl up and sleep, and provides a good organization area.
- Dust: Dust builds up quite a bit over the winter! Don’t forget to dust in every room. Spend some extra time dusting the ceiling fans to keep the room clean when you need to cool down.
- Clean the Patio/Outdoor Areas: Take advantage of the warmer weather and sunshine by cleaning any outdoor areas you may have. Doing this now will prevent you from having to handle it in the heat, and it allows you to have a space ready for the first cookout of the season!
- Clear Out Clutter: Clutter accumulates in everyones homes! Don’t just clean around it- get rid of it! Try the separating your clutter into “Keep”, “Donate”, and “Trash” piles.
- Get the Family Involved: Get everyone up off the couch by assigning them each an area. Make it fun by creating a game around it or planning a special family night out afterward.
- Music: Don’t forget to have fun with your spring cleaning! Play your favorite music throughout your home to help keep you energized and motivated!