WELCOME to Westerville! Meet Matt and Jess who just recently purchased their first home. What a pleasure it was for me to work for this young couple. I think they could have written a book for first time home buyers. They avoided all of the common mistakes, never hesitated to ask me questions, helped me keep on the timeline towards closing, and the list could go on. They only made educated decisions and left the emotions on the front porch until after closing.
Common Mistakes to Avoid:
- Get preapproved before you go shopping for a property. This will prevent you from falling in love with a house you can’t afford and also keep you from becoming HOUSE POOR.
- Assuming there is nothing better out there in your price range… SETTLING Buyers should be excited about purchasing something as large as a home!
- Being desperate to buy because you are tired of the HUNT…You aren’t living on the street, are you?
- Over estimating your handyman skills and the time and new tools it may take…and when will this all happen?
- Overlooking obvious flaws…location, neighborhood, distance from work THINK RESALE|, RESALE, RESALE
- Rushing to put in an offer without doing your homework There will always be a property out there to purchase.
- Dragging your feet after you have the information that you questioned and/or needed Now or never in this market.
- Offering too much in a bidding war Appraisal will determine the price.
Hope you are enjoying your summer as much as our grandson, Eli.
JUST a few more days…CALIFORNIA, HERE I COME! An excited Nanny for Eli is headed West with a laptop and cell phone in hand. Please just remember the time change…Service is key!