Love viewing new homes…new ideas…thinking of building, renovating, or updating a room…YOU will Enjoy the Parade! September 2-17 at Cheshire Woods, Berkshire Township, Delaware County. Hours: Mon-Sat. 11:00 AM- 7:00 PM. Sun: 11:00- 5:00 PM (no entry one hour prior to close) Tickets: $15 per person (children under 12 are free) Parking: $5.00 per vehicle Enter my drawing and you may be able to attend for free…compliments of Emma Yanok, REMAX Affiliates One ticket per entry – See entry form BELOW.
I love going to the Parade of HOMES. George and I found both of our builders and gathered ideas before we built our two homes in Westerville while attending Parades. 1977 and 1994…..two homes and one husband! Since then I have enjoyed helping numerous families build a new home. Many buyers go straight to the builder without a realtor, thinking I can do this myself and save realtor fees.
- Builders want to keep realtors happy so they will bring more business to them.
- Realtors can help build a builder’s reputation (we have many excellent builders) or the opposite.
- Builders use their own purchase contracts. It is wise to have a realtor review the purchase contract. Realtors can look for dates of walkthroughs, warranties, time allowed for changes without cost, etc. Experience is a great teacher. Buyers need someone to watch out for their interests. There are frequent changes in the industry and most buyers don’t build often enough to be aware.
- It is not easy to build a home…so many choices, so many potential mistakes that may require a change that may require extra cost….get the idea?
- Buyers are usually busy with work and family. A realtor can make visits to the construction site to report back to the buyers.
- Realtors know features that may help add or detract from resale value.
- Realtors have the opportunity to see many floor plans at different stages before and after the build process is completed. They understand the process.
- As far as saving money, the realtor will be paid by the builder after providing knowledge and service OR the builder will add to his profit line. YOUR CHOICE.
YOU MAY BE THE LUCKY WINNER One Name per Entry. Deadline 8/31/17
The word could might need to be replaced to should! I have spent the last week helping our daughter move to an apartment in NYC. She sorted, threw away, gave away, sold things before she left Philly. And now we are still making trips to the trash room. This has certainly opened my eyes and ears when my grown children tell me they want experiences and memories instead of gifts for any occasion.
And again today, a dear friend is moving her 97-year-old mother from a small apartment to an assisted living efficiency. In a phone conversation…our break from downsizing others…we shared we can’t wait to get home to start clearing out things.
I might even be losing my love to shop….hoping George does not read this!
On the flip side of my work here, my daughter comes home from work, and the fun begins. Enjoying restaurants has been so much fun…walking yes, but I am sure not enough to melt some pounds away.
Really enjoyed visiting Mario Batali’s Food Mall, Eataly… so many choices, grazing delight!
Reservations tonight at Babbo, another Mario Batali restaurant.
Emily is treating me to HELLO DOLLY with Bette Midler Sunday and then home to watch the Tonys.
How could I ever be in California and keep a close eye on my REAL ESTATE Business. Two necessities for this to happen.
dotloop provides an online platform to empower real estate professionals to get deals done. Find out why we are the top choice for industry leading brands.
So easy with Electronic Signatures to do business all over the world…just have to be aware of time changes…deadlines are deadlines!
Another key factor…I have to have an excellent Realtor, Kari Gebhardt Stumpf, who knows the business, is ethical, trustworthy, honest, hardworking, flexible, energetic, positive attitude, and the list could go on and on. Kari and I both believe in SERVICE to our clients. We are working for the clients and their families.
Although Kari and I are in the same brokerage (REMAX AFFILIATES), we are both independent and cover for each other. Kari has three young boys and as you can imagine, she is one busy woman. I have a 94 year old mother 90 minutes away, and children and grandchildren in Ca. and Pa. THANK YOU KARI. I simply love working with you.
So this photo really shows the love and excitement I left in California with the birth of our latest family member, Evie May. Eli, big brother, kept us all very busy!
Grandmothers like to BRAG more than new mothers…
I got home 3/11 at 1:30 AM, and taught a Listing 101 Class at the Westerville Community Center at 9:00 AM. Teaching the class actually helped to energize me…Great class with some good thoughts, ideas, discussion.
IT is the time to LIST your property! Unbelievable market. I am available to help you transform your home to a product to sell.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!