Connecting from afar…not easy but rewarding. It seems friends ask me almost everyday, how can you stand being so far away from your grandchildren and children. Andi and family in Sacramento and Emily in NYC…..Coast to Coast. My first answer is we are tuition free, they are all off our payroll, and they are happy! We did raise independent, strong women…maybe started when we let them participate in French Back to Back Program back in elementary school. Or could be that as a teacher, I watched parents reduce self-confidence by always stepping in for their children.
Thank goodness for Technology! Sometimes I think we may connect more often then if we lived in the same city.
So they do know how to say GO BUCKS! I think Eli is already helping Evie prepare for early entrance to THE Ohio State University. I haven’t taught them the words to ” I Wanna Go BACK to Ohio State”.
Joining them on vacations…..Always trying to be the FUN Grandparents! This is much easier when you don’t have to discipline…just try to respect Mom and Dad’s rules.
- Face time is wonderful! Time to listen to Eli count or tell us a story…
- Face time helps us make Evie smile!
- Face time is fun to watch your adult child parent
- Face time is a connection…I helped rearrange furniture, helped create table settings, or which one should I buy Mom?
- Text….Good morning! Have a great day! I Love YOU!
- Being invited to join on short getaways !
- Knowing and building excitement for our next time together