Now that I have your attention, MIGHTY E Jr. and MIGHTY E are getting ready for the holidays in our backyard…not Rudolph!
This is my best year in my Second Career of being a REALTOR…I am hitting my Target and still having FUN! I appreciate all and every referral.
Great people bring great clients = my marketing plan.
Milestones in Housing from the beginning of Mr. and Mrs. Yanok
First Apartment How to break a lease???
- Found an apt. on Northwest
- Blvd. in Grandview
- Talked the owner in to leasing to a unmarried woman before wedding. and the me too movement..my mother was with me. He decided since I was a HOME ECONOMICS Teacher, I would be like renting to Martha Stewart or Betty Crocker back then…70’s.
- I then decided to look a little closer to my school and found the same apt. just a little East of Bexley, for less money and closer to work…Yes, I took my mother back to the owner of the Grandview Apt. and after some fast talking, I was able to break the lease.
LESSON LEARNED…Do your homework before you sign the lease!
First New Build Allowances, Selections, Time Frame, Construction Loans
- Being 26 years old and only renting, we only interviewed one builder that owned the lot we had selected.
- Each selection was a process and always seemed to be just a little over the allowance. We only went to the builder’s preferred vendors. To our credit, the internet was not a shopping center at that time.
- Because our builder was building several homes, he used some of our money to complete other new builds. Then as time went by materials for our house increased in price and we were expected to make up the difference.
LESSON LEARNED…….Interview and Hire a Diligent REALTOR to watch out for YOU.
Second New Build Think of the end use. Talk to others that have just gone through the process
- George readily told me whatever we learned 17 years ago, is not applicable today.
- The home builder and his sales staff represent the builder. You need someone to represent you. A good realtor earns their money otherwise left to the builder.
- We found lights from a wholesale electric supply to select fantastic lights for less money.
- Not being a realtor at that time, somehow we created an OPEN FlOOR Plan based on what we had learned from parenting experiences with two young girls…always able to see and hear most of their activities and conversations with friends. Yes, our house was full of friends…
- So glad we upgraded to a unusually large granite island in the kitchen which became a workplace for all…science projects, art supplies, calculus study groups, cleaning lacrosse sticks and golf clubs and the list could go on
- We decided to build our retirement home on the first floor…yes our Pine Box Home
LESSON LEARNED…Make sure all family members have some input and/or consideration. Plan for the future.
As the market changes, I learn and share new ideas, concerns, advantages, disadvantages, points to remember to help guide my clients to make the BEST decisions for their families.
LOVE being a REMAX Realtor!
My blog has been on the Back Burner so to speak…CA…Evie and Eli
NYC…Emily works and George and I play! Loving that arrangement.
And what a difference in Real Estate. Central OHIO is a great $$$$$$ place to live. I hear all the reasons in my car as I help bring families to OHIO. Very excited to provide a tour for a family of 3 that may soon be BUCKEYES and the most exciting request is that they want to see WESTERVILLE first on their tour this weekend. WOW, where do I start?
- Amazing School System with DEDICATED teachers
- Home of Otterbein University
- Affordable Housing
- LOCATION…10 minutes to Airport, 270, 70,
- Uptown, Easton, Polaris, Hoover, Alum Creek, Community Center, Parks and Recreation Choices
YES! I am excited to SHOW OFF the City where George and I have lived since 1978! Great place to Raise a Family. Great place to Work. Great place to RETIRE.
LOVE my job…Yesterday I helped my very first clients close on their retirement home. Let me explain…the Mrs. grew up in this house, raised their own children in this house, had collected many generations of belongings all stored in a Pole Barn in Delaware County. Years have passed and I have enjoyed working for them through several DOWNSIZING moves! Yesterday after closing, I offered my advice for their future! It is time for them to go go, before they have to slow go, and then no go. We all promised to meet at BOB EVANS for lunch or dinner soon. They have thanked me many times but I hope they know as my first sellers, they taught me so much. I was blessed with an amazing couple who have become my friends.
Thank you to my clients for your patience while I was in Ca. being a grandmother. And thank you Evie and Eli for keeping me informed so I can help my clients and their children when touring and selecting homes.
Eli, Fire Chief, turns 3! Grandpa and Gaga go WEST! Our daughter threw together a Hot Party in a few minutes.
SAVE the Animals in the Fire!
And Evie was also celebrating…Thank you to Mike, Andi, Eli, and Evie for a great visit!
New listings coming soon. Duffy, all brick, four bedroom in Highland Lakes, Olentangy Schools, and R&H built home off Bethel, minutes from OSU, Riverside, Battelle.