I never in a million years ever thought I would be tired of shopping for Home Goods and Decor but…….this time has come. Because my “lower level or basement” is so full, I enjoy looking for new uses and combinations of the many “transitional items” I already have.
Ideas…throw some pumpkins on some moss in not one but three glass jars…Looks festive to me. And now back to my inventory…It is always easy to throw some priceless junk in a cloche.
Tray is a soil tester from Delaware County, a succulent, a gas tank meter with numbers, an old pulley from a bucket at the Springfield Flea Market…and these things do make me happy. Everything looks better under cloche and a much better conversation piece.
So how can changing a few things make me happy…I enjoy the process of design in my very own eclectic way…without making a purchase. This is such a harmless hobby.
Helping couples downsize and getting rid of stuff…it is not easy or stress free! I do help with compassion and comfort as I know I some day will be in their shoes. I am starting to enjoy the challenge of using my accumulated collection from my grandparents, mother, and yes of course past shopping instead of purchasing new.
Note to reader: Please do not share this information with George, my husband just in case I decide to purchase an item.
Checking out some properties with no basement…well no foundation…attached to docks…Victoria. Who does this Home Inspection? And a Castle in Vancouver…checking out the roof…who would you call for licensed roofer? I have developed “NEW EYES” when traveling.
Thank you to Kari Stumpf, REMAX Affiliates, for providing EXCELLENT service to my clients while I was on vacation. I work with fantastic people.
Most families BUY and SELL a property less than SIX times in a lifetime with several years between these transactions…SO just like everything else in our world…things change. As a client remarked, “What ever we learned regarding buying and selling a property is changed.”
Being a retired teacher and starting a second career as a REALTOR 15 years ago, I continue to teach and even use a few Handouts! Love this Process MODEL that is useful for clients to follow. What is a teacher without handouts???
After reviewing and selecting reliable references when buying or selling one of the largest purchases most people make it is so important to select accurate information. Select a REALTOR that surrounds themselves with knowledgeable, ethical, and experienced professionals.
HELPING Families Make Educated Decisions Has Always Been MY BUSINESS!
BUILDING, BUYING, SELLING…School is in Session.
So many EMPTY NESTERS are ready to downsize but just can’t find a smaller ranch or a ranch style condo in a desirable location where they can walk to restaurants, shops, etc.
These folks do not want to take the risk of listing their current home as they have no idea where they will move to…This is a COMMON concern I hear from clients.
- While waiting to list your current home complete two main tasks. GET RID of as much “stuff/treasures” as possible. I will admit many of my treasures are only my treasures but they will have to go. As a professional auctioneer told me one day, ” if your children don’t want your grandmother’s china, why would anyone else want to purchase these treasures?
- CLEAN your property as you have never done before!
- Compile all records of maintenance and updates completed in the last ten years.
- Write a Love Story about your house which is limited to one page. You know your house better than anyone else. Be ready to share this information.
- Contact a super realtor like EMMA YANOK that will be patient, understand the stress involved with any type of change, and set you up on an automated search for your new home. Meet with your realtor to look at comparative properties in your neighborhood.
- Look at finances with your financial adviser. Ask your realtor for a NET to Seller estimate so you know what your proceeds will be from the sale of your existing property.
- Bottom line…DO YOUR HOMEWORK ahead of time.
- The more you learn about making this next step, the less fear and stress you will experience.
HELPING FAMILIES MAKE EDUCATED DECISIONS HAS ALWAYS BEEN MY BUSINESS!
REMAX Affiliates firstname.lastname@example.org
As we grow up, kids are adults and in their own homes, we have a little more time to give back. In my first career I arranged for high school students to learn through being involved in Service Learning. Wow, so many teachable moments! Now George and I are both brainstorming…Honor Flight, Rocking Babies at Children’s Hospital, Reading to children or listening to children read, the list goes on and on. Time to explore. Time to give is not measurable bu valuable. Hoping this is going to fun and filled with new experiences.
Extra funds are also needed by so many organizations.
Andi, our oldest daughter was born a leader…Her second grade teacher once shared that if Andi did anything wrong, it was her idea. She is an amazing leader (she will say you amazing…you are my mother) for a nonprofit, YOUNG LIFE. The mission is devoted to introducing adolescents to Jesus Christ and helping them grow in their faith. Funds are always needed to help with ongoing programs and sending teens to summer camps. I do donate funds from my commission on every property I sell….a small way to support tomorrow’s most valuable resource..our YOUTH.
OPEN to any ideas for service projects as George and I do some thinking. FYI….time will be limited during golf season and spring when the real estate market clicks!